Please feel free to call SARAH to discuss these resources and other options.
To return to the outline of resources press here
To return to the outline of Physical/ Sexual Health resources press here
Emergency contraception is a method of preventing pregnancy after unprotected sex. Emergency contraception prevents ovulation from occurring, which subsequently prevents pregnancy. EC is different from abortion (please see abortion for more information). Most forms of emergency contraception can be taken up to five days after unprotected sex, but the effectiveness decreases with time.
Student Health Services
- SHS offers emergency contraception. It is available to females at Quadrangle Pharmacy for $20.
- Click here more information about SHS.
Zenker Wellness Suite
The Zenker Wellness Suite is the health promotion hub for the Habif Health and Wellness Center on the South 40. The Wellness Suite features health promotion resources and programming on key topics for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm. The suite is closed whenever Sumers Recreation Center is closed. See the hours here
- Location: Under the mural near the main entrance; Sumers Room 303
- Free Emergency Contraception (Plan B) and pregnancy tests plus safer sex supplies and information about contraception and STI risk reduction are available whenever the Wellness Suite is open
- Walgreens and Schnucks offer emergency contraception. Common products are Plan B and Next Choice. Prices may vary, likely ranging between $40-60.
- Number: 314-535-1413
- Location: 4169 Laclede Ave
- Website: The Spot
- The Spot is open to individuals between the ages of 13-24. It offers free emergency contraception, along with other services (free contraception, birth control, and STI testing). Walk-in appointments are available between 1pm-5pm Monday-Friday. Calling the day before to get an appointment (at 11am) is highly recommended.
- Address: 4251 Forest Park Avenue
- Number: 314-531-7526
- Website: Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood offers emergency contraception on a walk-in basis for $35. Planned Parenthood also offers birth control, medicinal and procedural abortions, post-abortion counseling, gynecological exams, and pregnancy testing
- Website: Ella
- Ella is an emergency contraception that contains ulipristal acetate (as opposed to the progesterone only options- Plan B). A prescription is needed to order it. After attaining a prescription, Ella ships the emergency contraception to the requested address.