Skip to content
Please feel free to call SARAH to discuss these resources and other options.
To return to the outline of resources press here
To return to the outline of Physical/ Sexual Health resources press here
Medical vs. Procedural Abortion:
- A medical abortion can be received up until 9 weeks after a missed period and it consists of 2 Mifeprex pills, one of which is taken in the health center and the second is taken at home. The abortion will happen at home and the individual should return to the health center within a week for a follow-up appointment. A medical abortion costs $200 on a sliding scale.
- A procedural abortion can be performed within 21 weeks and 6 days after a missed period. The procedure takes about 20 minutes. A physician, medical assistant, and an advocate are available to the patient upon request. A procedural abortion may cost around $500-$600 on a sliding scale.
Missouri-specific abortion regulations:
- If an individual is under 18, they must receive signed consent from a guardian.
- Individuals must call in and make an appointment beforehand. After the intake appointment, an individual must wait 72 hours before returning to the health care center for the abortion care procedure.
Abortion Care Services
- Address: 4251 Forest Park Avenue
- Number: 314-531-7526
- Website: Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood offers medicinal and procedural abortions, post-abortion counseling, and other medical services. Other services that Planned Parenthood provides include pregnancy testing/ referrals, emergency contraception, and counseling.
Hope Clinic (Illinois)
- Number: 800-844-3130
- Call: M-F 10am-3pm, Sat 8am-1pm
- Website: Hope Clinic
- Location: 1602 21st St., Granite City, Illinois
- Hope Clinic provides medical and procedural abortions up until 26 weeks. There is no 72 hour waiting period required because it is located in Illinois. Hope Clinic also provides emergency contraception and other medical services.